The wooden church
This one is a Greek-Catholic wooden church built in 1766. Its tower is 54m high, which makes it one of the tallest religious wooden structures in the world. In the upper side of the Surdesti, there is a second church, even older, brought in the 20th century from a neighbor village. There is also a different UNESCO protected wooden church in Sisesti commune, placed in an other part of the village, in Plopis (also part of Sisesti).